Friday, April 29, 2011

Hannah's Surprise Visit




My older sister showed me a video of soldiers coming home and surprising their loved ones. The first clip was of a ten year old, Hannah Myer. Her dad had been in Iraq for over a year, missing her fourth grade year. While he was gone, she helped her mom around the house. She got up in the middle of the night to take care of her baby sister so her mom could sleep, she cooked and cleaned, and she had to go to school and do her homework like all the other kids.

The next-to-last day of her fourth grade year, a visitor came to her class. Her dad walked in the room and asked "Where's my daughter?" When Hannah saw her dad, she was immediately in tears and she walked up to hug him.
Hannah's Surprise Visit

It's hard to imagine what soldiers and their families have to go through every day. All I can say is that I wish I was a strong as they are. Every single one of them inspire me to try to be more brave and overcome my much smaller obstacles in life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to wait to watch this until I get home. Tears will follow. Great post.

    ReplyDelete